Who we are
The NGO Support Centre is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization dedicated to the development and strengthening of civil society in Cyprus.
Established in December 1999, the NGO Support Centre has since developed a substantive experience and expertise in the fields of active citizenship, peace and reconciliation, development education, human rights education, intercultural dialogue, and participation.
The NGO Support Centre is currently a member of the following organisations and networks: the Cypriot NGDO Platform (member of CYINDEP – Cyprus Island-wide NGO Development Platform), CCMC - Cyprus Community Media Centre, EPLO – European Peacebuilding Liaison Office, FRA - EU Agency for Fundamental Rights, the Anna Lindh Foundation and CIVICUS – World Alliance for Citizen Participation.
Since 2017 the NGO Support Centre, in partnership with Rooftop Theatre, serves as co-head of the Cyprus Network of the Anna Lindh Foundation. The Anna Lindh Cyprus Network is an association of Cyprus-based civil society organisations, which promotes intercultural dialogue both within the island and in the region.
The vision of the NGO Support Centre is a dynamic, active and reactive civil society in Cyprus that participates in and advocates for democracy, dialogue and civic engagement.
- We engage in capacity building activities and trainings to enhance CSOs knowledge and skills on organisational and management issues;
- We raise awareness about the role and impact of the civil society in the development of transparent and democratic processes and the socioeconomic development of the society;
- We engage in advocacy activities to strengthen Cypriot civil society and its role vis-à-vis public institutions and the private sector;
- We implement projects and activities in the fields of active citizenship and participation, development education, peace and reconciliation;
- We work to improve the legal landscape for CSOs and provide support to individuals and groups interested to set up an NGO in Cyprus.