The reactivation of cooperation between the Cyprus Network of the Anna Lindh Foundation (ALF) and its members was launched at a meeting in Nicosia, during which participants were encouraged to be more active and engaged in giving a much-needed new impetus. Future activities were shared with organisations present at the meeting, followed by a useful exchange.
“It is time to be more coordinated and to work together in view of the new opportunities ahead of us,” said Marilena Kyriakou of the NGO Support Centre and Javier Estaban of the Rooftop Theatre, the two organisations co-heading the Cyprus Network. The member organisations were called upon to support this renewed effort and join in drawing more civil society and non-profit organisations to become members, so that the Network is further strengthened.
Among the subjects discussed at the meeting held on January 24, were:
• Virtual activities carried out in the past 36 months, including the launch of online training of youth leaders so they build their skills, and the future online Euro-Med debates for which training will be offered.
• The cross networking meetings that will be held online in February and are an opportunity for ALF Network members to virtually meet members from other selected Euro-Med Networks. The aim is to get to know each other and encourage future collaboration.
• An outreach event to be held, also in February, to attract new members.
• Future capacity building trainings for members, based on the needs established in a survey. The first is expected to be a communication and visibility training.
• The 4th ALF EuroMediterranean Forum to be held in Croatia (April 2-5), at which 5 representatives of Network member organisations will participate, as well as the ALF Cyprus Network itself.
The Cyprus Network of the ALF will be announcing more information on all the above in due time. During the exchange that followed participants asked for decentralisation of outreach events, as well as more information on opportunities and networking, among other issues.
ALF CYPRUS NETWORK
“The ALF Cyprus Network promotes intercultural dialogue within Cyprus and the Euro-Med region. It builds bridges and brings citizens together. The Network comprises the NGO Support Centre and the Rooftop Theatre”
Find out more:
NGO Support Centre www.ngo-sc.org Rooftop Theatre rooftoptheatregroup.com
Anna Lindh Foundation (ALF): www.annalindhfoundation.org