Who we are
NGO Support Centre is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organisation established in 1999 and dedicated to the development and strengthening of civil society in Cyprus.
The vision of the NGO Support Centre is a dynamic, active and reactive civil society in Cyprus that participates in and advocates for democracy, dialogue and civic engagement.
- We engage in capacity building activities and trainings to empower civil society organisations (CSOs) and promote their sustainability;
- We raise awareness about the role and impact of the civil society in the development of transparent and democratic processes and the socioeconomic development of the society;
- We engage in advocacy activities to strengthen Cypriot civil society and to protect civic space ;
- We facilitate access to funding for local CSOs, through re-granting and fund operation programmes;
- We implement projects and activities in the fields of active citizenship and participation, development education, peace and reconciliation;
- We work to improve the legal landscape for CSOs and provide support to individuals and groups interested to set up an NGO in Cyprus.
The NGO Support Centre is currently a member of the following organisations and networks: ECAS, Anna Lindh Foundation, CIVICUS – World Alliance for Citizen Participation and Diversity Charter Cyprus. The NGO SC is also a participating organisation in the Cyprus Dialogue Forum.